cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidentally deleted program, can't restore it - very urgent

LMess.1
Associate

I created a CubeMX project in an important folder. I found out, that all the project files were not put inside an own folder and were all over the place. So I wanted to delete the Project to make a new one. When deleting i clicked on "delete project content on this cannot be undone" without realizing that the whole folder would be deleted and not just the project. Now the folder is gone, is there any way to reproduce it?

... I can restore the the program itself but unfortunately the text I wrote is still missing��

3 REPLIES 3

If it is not in the Recycle Bin I'm not sure what i can tell you.

This class of behaviour by the ST software has been complained about before.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
PMath.4
Senior III

Too late for your issue, but I have my complete development environment in a dropbox folder, that way I can rewind any changes to a given point in time including recovering anything deleted by mistake. Have to confess it makes me very lazy as I can do some speculative development on the main code and if it doesn't work out just rewind rather than always taking a local backup first and restoring

berendi
Principal

It is most probably beyond any hope of recovery now.

When a file without backup is deleted, the best course of action is to power down immediately. No shutdown, yank the power cord and/or remove battery. Then boot from another (e.g. external flash/cd) drive, and sift through unused sectors, there are dozens of recovery utilities for that, but manual inspection/supervision is still required. (Learned it the hard way when my kids have found the format card option in the camera.)