cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMonitor and STM32CubeIDE - .axf ??

sgran.1
Associate III

For using need .axf file, not found in my project((. How receive it file? May be need more IDE settings?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Thierry
Senior

STM32CubeMonitor is tested on Linux, Windows and macOS.

After having double check, I do confirm there is a specific bug to copy/paste on macOS.

We will fix this bug in a future release.

Thanks for reporting this issue.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
Thierry
Senior

Dear sgran.1,

Actually STM32CubeMonitor supports various executable file format with .elf, .out or .axf extension from various toolchain/toolset available in you preferred IDE (STM32CubeIDE, Keil, IAR, ...)

As you mentioned, the generated executable file location depends on your IDE settings.

If you are using STM32CubeIDE, you can retrieve the executable file location path by opening the run/debug configuration panel and look at the path specified under C/C++ Application.

In the exemple below, the "test_cpp_f411.elf" file is under "Debug" folder which is a relative path to the project folder :0693W000000VqN9QAK.png

sgran.1
Associate III

Thank you. Using STM32CubeIDE 1.3.0. Not found settings for .axf ((( May be your know where?

I have edited my previous post to add information about the executable file location for STM32CubeIDE.

sgran.1
Associate III

not founde any .axf file in my project folders (

Looks like you are actually generating "Start100rb_4.elf" file under Debug folder (and not an .axf file). So you should use this "Start100rb_4.elf" file.

sgran.1
Associate III

sgran.1
Associate III

sgran.1
Associate III

may be need to do this??

Thierry
Senior

As mentioned in my first post, STM32CubeMonitor also supports .elf file. So you can use the file which is currently generated "Start100rb_4.elf".

Another simple option, is to let STM32CubeMonitor list the executable file by setting the correct path in "folder" field of exe-config node :

0693W000000VqwsQAC.png