cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-NUCLEO-LPM01A and STM32 Cube Monitor-Power : driver issue on Windows 10

LLr.1
Senior

I bought an X-NUCLEO-LPM01A that works very well on windows 8 with the STM32 Cube Monitor-Power software. I had to put the driver STSW-STM32102.

Then, I tried on Windows 10. However, with Windows 10, it is written that this driver (STSW-STM32102) should not be installed because it is natively included in windows 10. But, the STM32 Cube Monitor-Power software cannot communicate with the board... I had to download the driver STSW-STM32102 made for win8 despite it being discouraged.

0693W00000D049OQAR.pngIt works on win10 only with the Win8 driver (for me at least).

Is it normal ?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Richard.Chvr
ST Employee

Hello @LLr.1​ 

You should not have to install the driver on Windows 10. Upon board connection, Windows should have done it for you. Unfortunately, for an unknown reason, it does not, and that the reason you have to install it by yourself.

There's no risk to use manually installed driver.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Richard.Chvr
ST Employee

Hello @LLr.1​ 

You should not have to install the driver on Windows 10. Upon board connection, Windows should have done it for you. Unfortunately, for an unknown reason, it does not, and that the reason you have to install it by yourself.

There's no risk to use manually installed driver.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
LLr.1
Senior

The answer for me, it's to install the driver manually

Raouf
ST Employee

Hello @LLr.1​ 

As stated by Richard normally you should not need to install the driver on Windows10.

What I recommend is to make sure to upgrade the firmware on your X-NUCLEO01A to the latest available version (actually v1.0.8), once done you should not have any driver issue and no need for manual re-install.

Regarding FW upgrade, please follow steps in UM2269 section "8 Firmware upgrade"

Best Regards,