cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMonitor 1.8.0: no probe detected

Vagni
Associate II

I need to start using STM32CubeMonitor on my NUCLEO-G071RB to monitor some variables of my new firmware application developed with STM32CubeIDE 1.15.0. I never used STM32CubeMonitor before, so I installed the last STM32CubeMonitor 1.8.0 on my Windows 11 Pro 23H2 64-bit PC.

I launch STM32CubeMonitor and it opens the Basic Flow for a simple acquisition. I try to configure the nodes myProbe_Out and myProbe_In as explained in STM32CubeMonitor:How to select the target article, but no probe are listed in the acq stlink in/out node properties:

Screenshot 2024-04-03 154704.png

My NUCLEO-G071RB board is connected and its embedded ST-LINK/V2-1 is properly enumerated as ST-Link Debug with the last driver:

Screenshot 2024-04-03 155611.png

The ST-LINK/V2-1 is updated with the last firmware version:

Screenshot 2024-04-03 160253.png

And the ST-LINK/V2-1 is properly detected by STM32CubeIDE and STM32CubeProgrammer:

Screenshot 2024-04-03 160951.png

I also installed the last ST-LINK Server 2.1.1, but I got no change. Maybe it must be started? How?

I get the same result with other NUCLEO boards and also with my STLINK-V3SET (with firmware updated to V3.J14.M5.B5.S1 version) connected to my custom board.

When I launch STM32CubeMonitor, both STM32CubeIDE and STM32CubeProgrammer are closed, to not have ST-LINK probe connected to another application.

Where am I wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
stephane.legargeant
ST Employee

Hello

I think you just need a small "trick" to create the probe config.

In the screen showing "Add new probe...", have you clicked on the pencil icon ?   It should open, a new box where you can select your probe like this :

addNucleoG071probe.png

This windows will crate a "probe config" which is linked to your device and can be used as probe for the Stlink-out and stlink-in node.

You can see details in this video : https://youtu.be/isa1XM5Eeek?feature=shared&t=200

Please let us know if this is unblocking your point.

Stephane

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
stephane.legargeant
ST Employee

Hello

I think you just need a small "trick" to create the probe config.

In the screen showing "Add new probe...", have you clicked on the pencil icon ?   It should open, a new box where you can select your probe like this :

addNucleoG071probe.png

This windows will crate a "probe config" which is linked to your device and can be used as probe for the Stlink-out and stlink-in node.

You can see details in this video : https://youtu.be/isa1XM5Eeek?feature=shared&t=200

Please let us know if this is unblocking your point.

Stephane

Thank you very much, Stephane.

I missed that "trick".