cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STLINK-V3PWR does not work on my notebook, because the USB port cannot supply enough power

CLeli.1
Associate

Power measurement with the STLINK-V3PWR does not work on my notebook because the USB 3.0 port cannot supply enough power. The PC software STM32CubeMonitor-Power - v1.2.0 reports "error Power measurement not available. Please use a more powerful USB port." With an existing USB 2.0 hub with power supply it does not work either. Is there any recommendation with which USB hub (with additional power supply) it works?

Is there another workaround?

13 REPLIES 13

Dear Christophe,

Thank you very much for your reply I tried with jeliyea 7 port aluminimum powered usb (which has the spark symbol)

https://www.amazon.com/JELIYEA-4x10Gbps-Charging-Splitter-Expander/dp/B0BKQ5GRTZh 

yet this didn't work. The COM port wasn't working. 

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you very much,

Guillermo

Dear Guillermo,

- Did you updated the STLINK-V3PWR with the latest firmware?

- Which OS are you using on PC side?

Could you please let me know the "USB" and the "COM" LEDs behavior onto the STLINK-V3PWR when you plug the USB port.

Thank you in advance for your feedback

Best regards,

Christophe

Dear Christophe,

-Yes STLINK-VPWR has the latest firmware

-Windows 10

Power is green and port is clinking red

Thank you very much!

Guillermo

S C
ST Employee

Hello Guillermo,

may you please precise what you call "power" and what you call "port" ? If "USB" LED is green and "COM" LED is blinking red (my assumption), it would mean that you are connected to a charging port but without data connection. Is it possible in your case ? (USB port + cable)
The expected state for correct behavior is "USB" LED green and "COM" LED red (not blinking). See UM3097 and TN1235 for more details if required. At this state you should be able to see the STLINK-V3PWR device in the Windows device manager. In case "COM" LED is blinking red, please have a look into the Windows device manager to check if any device appears with a failure, this may give some track to follow

Best regards