cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My cube Monitor is not displaying my variable values to the Chart

Rvan .9
Associate II

Good day, I am trying to get a simple "counter" variable which just increments the counter by 1 every second, to display on my Chart in Cube Monitor, and have followed the instructions given in the STMicroelectronics youtube video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBbUH6xzUDU&ab_channel=STMicroelectronics . I confrimed that the correct .elf file has been chosen, but when I run the code, and start the acquisition, I am not seeing any values displayed on the chart. Can anyone give some advice on this please. I can add more details and screenshots if needed.

2 REPLIES 2
stephane.legargeant
ST Employee

Hello.

Can you check if there is anything displayed on the chart? (May be always 0?)

Here is a list of points to check when there is no acquisition:

• In editor, the "acq out" and "acq in" node should have a green dot.
  • The "variables" and "processing" node should also be green
  • Connect some "debug" nodes to the error output of "variables" and "processing" to see if some errors are detected (bottom right connection point of the nodes)
  • Add a "debug" node on the output of "acq in". If acquisition is working, there should be some data coming in.

It should help to find why it is not displaying the data.

On embedded side, it is important to check that counter is not "optimized" by the compiler: if it is not used anywhere, it could be updated only in one register and not in memory. Declaring variable as "volatile" should force the compiler to always write it in memory.

Please, let us know if it solves the question, or give the result or previous tests.

Best regards

Stephane

Rvan .9
Associate II

Good day Stephane , I managed to sort it out thank you, something was wrong with the building blocks I used, I reverted back to the blocks given in the template and set up everything from there and managed to get it to work thank you.