cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPM01A cannot connect to STM32CubeMonitor-Power

ADing.1
Associate II

I downloaded Cube Power Monitor and am trying to use it to connect to the LPM01A. I have downloaded and installed the W8 version of the virtual com port driver.

I can select the board in the drop down menu, but when I hit "Take Control", a dialog box pops up with the message `error pwr get`. When I hit okay, another pops up with the message `Get current range command failed` with another message below it `ERROR TIMEOUT`. Hitting ok again gives yet another dialog box with the message `Board has been released due to connection issue. Please unplug and plug the board`.

I've tried unplugging and plugging it back in and the same thing happens. I am currently on Windows 11, but I've tried on a different windows 10 machine and the result was exactly the same.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please also take a look at my other question for something that might be related... having lots of issues with this board so far...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FM.1
Associate III

I confirm it works now on Ubuntu 22.04 with 1.2.0 after updating the lpm01a board (from 1.0.1) to 1.0.8 (the latest at the time of writing).

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
ADing.1
Associate II

Figured out a solution...

If I use version 1.1.1 instead of 1.2.0, then it works ... :expressionless_face:

Richard.Chvr
ST Employee

@PDEFO.1​, can you have a look

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
PDEFO.1
ST Employee

Thanks for your question. This issue was not reported before and not observed during validation tests.

For such issue it would be helpfull to get a log. Logs of the tool is located here :

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\Power_Monitor\Logs

Same behaviour

I have the same error 1.2.0 fails on Windows 10, MacOs and Ubuntu 22.04.

Downgrading to 1.1.1 also fixed the issue for me.

Thank you ADing.1 for finding this solution!

Where can I find the logs on Ubuntu 22.04?

PDEFO.1
ST Employee

Logs for Linux are located In the "java temp directory"/powermonitor

FM.1
Associate III

I've upgraded the lpm01a board from version 1.0.1 to 1.0.8. Now both version 1.1.1 and 1.2.0 work on Ubuntu 22.04.

FM.1
Associate III

I confirm it works now on Ubuntu 22.04 with 1.2.0 after updating the lpm01a board (from 1.0.1) to 1.0.8 (the latest at the time of writing).