cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a "Getting Started" description availible?

HKein.1
Associate II

Is there a "Getting Started" description availible. I want to load my project In CubeMonitor like in former STM-Studio and show variables on the dashboard and want to log it. The Youtube instruction I found is more for user, who knows the tool.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you want to get the "Basic_Flow", you can use the menu "import", select the tab "Library" , and import STM32CubeMonitor_BasicFlow.json

You can follow the procedure described in this wiki for a first test : https://wiki.st.com/stm32mcu/wiki/STM32CubeMonitor:How_to_configure_mandatory_parameters_before_acquisition

Best regards

Stephane

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
stephane.legargeant
ST Employee

Hello

In addition to wiki, this video should be interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTJhqHWniZE&feature=youtu.be

Have you already seen it ? Does it answer your questions ?

Best regards

Stephane

HKein.1
Associate II

0693W000004JlE9QAK.pngHello Stephane,

I don't have the exapmle configuration anymore, so I started my own configuration. For example, how do I get start the data aquisition?

I configured the Probs and variable files as described on the Youtube video, but after the "Deploy" button and the "Dashboard", the Graph is very small and the Start/Stop Button has no effect.

Therefor, I thought an introduction manaul, how to configure each node for a basic configuration would be helpfull.

Or how do I get the "Basic_Flow" configuration back?

If you want to get the "Basic_Flow", you can use the menu "import", select the tab "Library" , and import STM32CubeMonitor_BasicFlow.json

You can follow the procedure described in this wiki for a first test : https://wiki.st.com/stm32mcu/wiki/STM32CubeMonitor:How_to_configure_mandatory_parameters_before_acquisition

Best regards

Stephane

HKein.1
Associate II

now it works 🙂 Thank you very much.

I forgot the keyword "start"/"stop"/"clear" in the topic-field. Is there are list with all "topic"-Keywords?

0693W000004JljMQAS.png

Landry
Senior

You can find information in the help of each node .

For acq out

topic

The topic possible values are

• read to send a command of one shot read
  • start to send a command to START acquisition
  • stop to send a command to STOP acquisition

payload

The payload is an object representing the variables group configuration defined in the variables node. The payload object holds several properties summarizing what have been set in the configuration panel of the variables node.

• groupname string
  • variablelist array of variable
  • mode string
  • frequency number (0 for sequential loop)
  • accesspoint number

For chart

topic

The topic value is set to:

• data  to render monitored data in ST line chart
  • clear to clear and reset ST line chart

payload (for topic data)

The payload contains:

• groupname string
  • variablename string
  • variabledata array of data
    • coordinates coordinate object
      • x number
      • y number

stephane.legargeant
ST Employee

Hello @HKein.1​ 

If the answer is fine for you, can you set the "Select as Best" flag ? It will help the other users to find the best answers in the forum.

Thank you

Stephane

HKein.1
Associate II

I have some more questions:

1. In the Help for each Node is only the Keyword {{msg.topic}} is displayed. There is no information about what it can be. Is there a list of keywords?

0693W000004JmGGQA0.png 

1. Can I arrange the graphs in the Dashbord free or should I select due the Size.g. 4x4
  2. Can I save a configuration only due "export" or can I save one configuration seperatly?

Landry
Senior

To answer your points :

1 - your are looking for the help of the standard button ( not specific to CubeMonitor ) , to know the list of inputs you have to look at the following nodes which will use this topic ( for example acq out node )

2- Yes you can : https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000EFy0ASAT/how-to-layout-dashboard-components-as-a-whole

3 - I'm not sure to understand : what configuration are you talking about ? your flow ? your logs ? you selected variables ?