cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to report CubeIDE bugs?

kgardas
Associate III

Hello,

I've updated my STM32CubeIDE to the latest version (1.13.1) and verified that some annoying bugs are still there. I'm curious is there a dedicated place where to report them?

I'm talking about really a basic functionality which should be working like:

- project import -- from different workspace, project which works well, result of import is not well, IDE complains about invalid path in project ("Invalid project path: Include path not found...")

- project rename -- on an attempt to rename project inside the project explorer, exception is raised with a detail "null argument".

Thanks,

Karel

2 REPLIES 2
Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @kgardas , 

1)If you check Project Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Settings -> Tool Settings -> MCU GCC Compiler -> Include Paths, you can find every path that the IDE includes.

If your path does not exist there, you can simply add it.

2) In your system's file explorer, find your workspace and open your project folder.  Find the folder named "STM32CubeIDE" and open that.  There should be a file named ".project".  With a separate text editor, open that file.

In this XML file, find the <name> tag. It's right at the head of the file, line number 3.  Inside the tag is the original project's name.  Change it to the new name as needed.  This is the only change you need to make.  Save the file and close the editor.

Now, while you still have your file explorer open, click on the .project file you just edited. CubeIDE will create a new project and copy all the files over from the original project.

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello Foued,

ad (1), you cannot add path as the path itself is missing in the project import. E.g. copying of directory structure is buggy

ad (2), there is no ".project" file, the only close to that is ".mxproject".

If you like to duplicate behavior I see here, it's not complicated at all, please do:

- open IDE with some new workspace

- in explorer, right click and invoke New -> STM32Project.

- in STM32 Project wizard, switch to 'Example Selector'

- choose 'g4' in 'MCU / MPU" in "Series" field

- choose 'Nucleo-32' in Board -> Type

- select 'TIM_PWMOutput' in example list in the central part of the wizard window.

- click on Next and then again on Next and then on Finish

The example is created, just build it and clean it and then:

- switch to different clean workspace

- in project explorer select 'Import projects...'

- select 'General' and then 'Existing Projects into Workspace'

- click on Next

- select root directory of the previous workspace

- in project list select 'TIM_PWMOutput' project

- click on 'Copy projects into workspace' to have the project copied

- click on 'Finish' button

- on question 'Overwrite .settings in folder TIM_PWMOutput' -- select 'Yes'

Now, when you look externally and compare both workspaces and both projects contents, you will see that copied project is missing header files in 'Drivers' directory. At least, I've not investigated what is missing more...

So this is IMHO import bug which can't be simply fixed by tweaking include paths -- unless you tweak them in a way to use previous workspace project --- which is not the right thing to do here.

Please let me know if you have any issue duplicating this bug.

Thanks!
Karel