cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is ST planning to release a newer version of STM32CubeIDE to support M2 with macOS Venture 13.2.1

UniqueMinds
Associate II

I tried installing 1.12.0_149 IDE on my M2 MAC, didn't work and here is the screenshot for your reference.

0693W00000aIrTzQAK.png0693W00000aIrUEQA0.png 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AShap.3
Associate III

The .dmg is saved with additional stuff out of view. Once you've installed st-stlink-server.2.1.0-1.pkg", scroll down the Finder view of the .dmg window (see attached pic) and drag the IDE file to the Applications symbolic link in the .dmg window. That should (at least) get you an IDE to run.0693W00000aIwpvQAC.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AShap.3
Associate III

I use STM32CubeIDE under MacOS Ventura 13.2.1 on M2. It does work. To get to the next installer step, activate the .pkg again, hit OK to the various error panes (as pictured above). Pull down the Apple menu item (Apple icon, top left menu bar), select "System Settings...". Select "Privacy & Security" from the left side of the settings window. Scroll the right side pane until you see:

0693W00000aIwDhQAK.png 

Hit "Open Anyway", provide your MacOS password (or fingerprint). That should get you to the next stage. I know this feels like baby-steps but keep at it. The IDE works well on M2 (ST quirks notwithstanding).

Regards,

--Alen

UniqueMinds
Associate II

Installation was successful but I can't find the STM32Cube IDE on my MAC.

0693W00000aIwklQAC.png

AShap.3
Associate III

The .dmg is saved with additional stuff out of view. Once you've installed st-stlink-server.2.1.0-1.pkg", scroll down the Finder view of the .dmg window (see attached pic) and drag the IDE file to the Applications symbolic link in the .dmg window. That should (at least) get you an IDE to run.0693W00000aIwpvQAC.png

Amazing, finally it worked. Thank you for support.