cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What version of STM32-XCUBE-CLASSB should i use for stm32f412CGUx, project under STM32CubeIDE IDE Version: 1.10.1.

AMukh.3
Associate II

I wan't to add self tests for my project using your STM32-XCUBE-CLASSB library.

21 REPLIES 21
Petr Sladecek
ST Employee

Hello,

note the RAM test destroys the memory content temporary. If you are pretty sure the content of the tested area is not used by any interrupt service there is no need to disable interrupts during the RAM test. Oppositely, there could be a conflict between test and application execution. At F4 FW version 2.2.0 this is only possible conflict with interrupt services suppose all the services (including Class B tests) take care about preserved cpu registers content (pls read carefully chpt. 3.10 at AN4435).

Concerning frequency of the tests, it depends on application process safety time (PST).  At ideal case, all the tests should be completed once per this period (including critical parts of the memories at least). Pls read more details at ST product safety manuals.

Best regards,

Petr

Hello,

overview of the test modules applying interrupt disable you can at the STL associated user guide (see STL performance data, Table 5).

Frequency of the test repetition comes from the application safety time while target is to complete the test once per this period at minimum if possible. Of course, it depends on the size of the memory regions tested as well.  If they are too large, an acceptable solution could be dynamic configuration of the regions focused preferably on the most critical parts of the memories related directly to execution of the safety task. You can find some information about the appli safety time at the family safety manuals available on the dedicated ST web pages.

Best regards,

Petr