cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade STM32CubeMX from 6.7.0 to 6.8.1 in STM32cubeIDE 1.11.0

Vidhi_V
Associate II

Hello,

I am using the system with below kernel version.

Linux version 4.4.0-210-generic (buildd@lgw01-amd64-009) (gcc version 5.4.0 20160609 (Ubuntu 5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.12) ) #242-Ubuntu SMP Fri Apr 16 09:57:56 UTC 2021

I have installed STM32CubeIDE generic v1.11.0. I have STM32CubeMX with version 6.8.0 installed by default with IDE. The same is mentioned in the release note as well.

Vidhi_V_0-1708006429194.png

When I want to upgrade the STM32CubeMX from 6.7.0 to 6.8.1 within the same STM32cubeIDE v1.11.0. Is there a way I can do that? Can anyone please share their thoughts? Since this is very time-critical it would be very helpful if anyone could look into this ASAP.

Thank you.

Vidhi V.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You need a more actual version of IDE .

Usually you can install a newer version than your project was created, then it will ask: want you move to new version or continue with your project (as it is ).

But you cannot use older version of IDE/Cube , than your project was generated on. (This you see now - error message.) So try : install V1.13.1 (as i have) or newest V 1.14.x  and choose "continue" , when it ask about your project, to keep it at its state.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
AScha.3
Chief II

Why you not just take a new version of CubeIDE ? (new MX comes with it.)

I have IDE 1.13.1  + MX 6.9.1  on my old Linux MX.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
TDK
Guru

You cannot update the CubeMX installation within CubeIDE without updating CubeIDE itself. The two are linked for any particular version.

You can install the standalone STM32CubeMX program and choose whichever version you want.

Hello,

Thank you for looking into it. Since the requirement of my project is to use a specific version of IDE (e.g. v1.11.0). I didn't go for upgrading the same. When I open the .ioc file created on this version, it shows me the below error.

Vidhi_V_0-1708060732984.png

Does that mean by using the same v1.11.0 I need to upgrade STM32CubeMX to 6.8.1? Or do I need to use the IDE version which has the STM32cubeMX with the 6.8.1 version?

Thanks & Regards, 

Vidhi V.

Okay, I see. So what I understood is I have to choose the STM32CubeIDE version which has the STM32cubeMX as 6.8.1. to make it compatible with my project, is it?

Thanks & Regards,

Vidhi V.

You need a more actual version of IDE .

Usually you can install a newer version than your project was created, then it will ask: want you move to new version or continue with your project (as it is ).

But you cannot use older version of IDE/Cube , than your project was generated on. (This you see now - error message.) So try : install V1.13.1 (as i have) or newest V 1.14.x  and choose "continue" , when it ask about your project, to keep it at its state.

Yes, you need an STM32CubeIDE version that has STM32CubeMX v6.8.1 or higher to open it.

> Since the requirement of my project is to use a specific version of IDE (e.g. v1.11.0).

If this is the requirement, your current IOC file is unacceptable since it won't work in that version of IDE.

Vidhi_V
Associate II

Hello,

Thank you for the clarification. I got it now. I have updated the STM32CubeIDE version to updated one and I'm able to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Vidhi V.