cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning STM32 target or STM32Cube example section required

chriskuku
Senior II

I don't know if this is new but it sprang into my eyes today when I started STM32CubeIDE after a couble of days of pausing. It's Version 1.13.0 now.

I was about to create a New project in the project tree view and the configurator page popped up.

In the left corner appears - and I didn't notice this before - a yellow alert message, saying

/!\ STM32 target or STM32Cube example selection is required

I didn't choose anything at this point int time, so why such an ugly warning? Is something missing? Peculiar: my workspace has been migrated and still is workspace_1.4.0.

9 REPLIES 9
christelle burguera
ST Employee

Hello chriskuku,

it's just a message to say that you have to select a device or an example, without you cannot continue.

BR

badi
Associate II

I stil (Version 1.13.1 STM32CubeIDE
Version: 1.13.1
Build: 17479_20230728_0839 (UTC)
Java vendor: Eclipse Adoptium
Java runtime version: 17.0.6+10
Java version: 17.0.6), when I try to create a new project. I saw this Problem as well on 1.13.2.

badi
Associate II

.... I stll have this Problem

badi
Associate II

When I start a new Project, it chechs the database and then immedialety

Screenshot_20231025_203352.png

christelle burguera
ST Employee

Hi Badi,

Can you try to explain step by step your way to create a project ?

For ex:

- Login with my st.com account (don't forget to check the connection (window->preferences->STM32CubeIDE->Firmware Updater -> check connection button)

- File -> New -> STM32 Project

- in the MCUs/MPUs List, choose a device, for ex STM32F401...

- Next

- Field the project name

- Finish

HTH

Hello

As I said I, started cubeide and then I pressed as you proposed - File -> New -> STM32 Project

Then I can not choose any Processsor. I get (<1s) immediately following screenshot before I get the window shown earlier.

I'm having the same problem. Any solutions?

read old post...

For ex:

- Login with my st.com account (don't forget to check the connection (window->preferences->STM32CubeIDE->Firmware Updater -> check connection button)

- File -> New -> STM32 Project

- in the MCUs/MPUs List, choose a device, for ex STM32F401...

- Next

- Field the project name

- Finish

++ so FIRST select a cpu...

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".