Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade CubeIDE 1.6.1 to 1.9 fails on Ubuntu 20.04

dungeonlords789
Senior III

Before upgrade CubeIDE I make "sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade -y"

CubeIDE says:

An error occurred while uninstalling

session context was:(profile=STM32CubeIDE, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Uninstall, operand=[R]org.eclipse.cdt_root 9.11.1.202006011430 --> null, action=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.natives.actions.CleanupzipAction).

Backup of file /opt/st/stm32cubeide_1.6.1/notice.html failed.

File that was copied to backup could not be deleted: /opt/st/stm32cubeide_1.6.1/notice.html

1 REPLY 1
Julien D
ST Employee

Hi @dungeonlords789​ ,

Actually STM32CubeIDE can't be upgraded with the native package manager on Linux (apt or yum). Means "sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade -y" will upgrade every packages on your system but STM32CubeIDE and maybe few other tools.

Then may I ask you how do to invoke the software updater?

Because obviously you can't update STM32CubeIDE installed into /opt/ without having the 'write' permission on it. This path is normally owned by root.

If you launch STM32CubeIDE as a standard user you should get this kind of error:

0693W00000KcHZOQA3.pngIf you launch STM32CubeIDE as root (sudo), which is totally not advised, then you should be able to update. At least it has worked fine with my 1.6.1 installation few minutes ago...