Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to upload my code using Serial Wire Debug

vbk22398
Associate III

Screenshot 2024-08-05 163011.png

Screenshot 2024-08-05 162955.png

Screenshot 2024-08-05 162916.png

  I am trying to upload my code using ST Link(SWD)into a custom board with an STM32 Core. I am using serial wire debug for programming. So I am getting the above shown error messages. If anyone have come across this issue, please help me resolve it.

Screenshot 2024-08-05 163741.png

Screenshot 2024-08-05 165217.png

 I tried uploading the code using STM Cube Programmer also. I am getting the above error.!

23 REPLIES 23

 I also tried shorting the Boot0 and power cycling it but still the same issue persists.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/61106861/how-can-i-start-the-gdb-server-in-stm32cubeide

Start with multimeter and check 5V 3V3 Vcap pin voltage usw. Plus remove chaos R2 R24 ...

> sir what should i do? 

Remove R2, verify voltage across VCAP is 1.2V, try to program it.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

BOOT0 can stop you code from running if it interferes with operation. The BOOT0 HIGH / POWER CYCLE is more of an H7 recovery method.

Bond the VSSA / VSS more directly, ie with wire

STM32L496ZG ? So you're using the NUCLEO-L496ZG's ST-LINK for this?

Make sure the on-board L496 target is disconnected via it's jumpers.

I don't recall the STM32F423RH having P or Q variants with different pin-outs, but that would be a concern for L4+ parts.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
vbk22398
Associate III

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32cubeide-mcus/unable-to-upload-my-code-using-serial-wire-debug/m-p/705382/thread-id/29643

With respect to the above link I am getting the following issues across various applications.

Screenshot 2024-08-07 155257.png

Screenshot 2024-08-07 155322.png

Screenshot 2024-08-07 155356.png

Screenshot 2024-08-07 155513.png

I am still unable to program my custom board using the i.ST-LINK, ii.USB to UART(TTL), iii.another Evaluation board debugger IC. I don't know what the issue is. I have tried connecting the BOOT0 Pin to logic high and logic low, both. Kindly help me with the same.

Ok, so hardware is consistently Not Working.

Perhaps review with a colleague or other staff there.

Answer questions posed here and ignored.

Review schematic, symbol and net list. Check supplies and orientation. Check pin designations. Check part number. Check for fake part.

@Tesla DeLorean  I checked with the ST-LINK, it is properly programming the Evaluation board. I don't know much about schematics and not able to find the issue in hardware side. The supply voltages I have checked with multimeter across Vcap and Vss is shorted correctly. I am struck here and not able to move further sir.!

Ok, but someone at your end is going to have to take ownership of this. It's about what you've built and connected, not software settings you can fiddle with.

Do you see 1.25V across VCAP capacitor?

Have you disconnected the local target on the NUCLEO, pair of jumpers removed. CN4 ??

Perhaps a picture of the setup, clear, large and in focus? Might illustrate things you aren't communicating effectively?

> I am struck here and not able to move further sir.!

I would suggest re-reading the replies you've already received and doing what they suggest.

Why post just to ignore valid replies?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Do you see 1.25V across VCAP capacitor?

The voltage across capacitor is 0.002V. Very similar voltage when checked with the resistors R1  and R2.

Have you disconnected the local target on the NUCLEO, pair of jumpers removed. CN4 ??
Yes, I removed the jumpers and only then i tried programming with the SWD Pins.