cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable To Create/Open STM32 Projects

CFran.1
Associate II

I closed out of my project last night, and tried opening it today and kept having it just freeze on the homepage of the STM32cubeide. I even tried creating a new project and nothing. I even tried reinstalling but still same error. When I try to close out of the program, it won't let me either. I have to use task manager. The error message I get when I do try and close it is "Could not initialize class java.awt.Toolkit." Thank you for any help.

11 REPLIES 11
Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

First are you able to work without any issue if initating a new workspace location ?

If no I would advice you to unsinstall and reinstall back your STM32CubeIDE tool.

If yes get a try to remove .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.e4.workbench/workbench.xmi from your workspace (see https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2481089/where-does-eclipse-save-the-list-of-files-to-open-on-startup).

You may face an issue opening back an editor from a previous session having ended such session not in a normal way (kill, crash, ...) leading to unstable state at restart.

AMISH.2
Associate II

The same problem I am facing but follow the above steps but still the problem not resolve. And I am trying last from a few days to create stm32 file searching everywhere but stilll I am not able to solve the problems please help me to get out of this.thank for your any help

AMISH.2
Associate II

I followed the same steps which are given by cartu38 OpenDev. First I tried by changing the workspace then I uninstalled and reinstalled it again. And also removed metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.e4.workbench/workbench.XML file from the workspace. But still, I am not able to create the stm32 project. This first time I have such worst experience with any IDE. Please help if any one know about this. I have been trying this problem since a week and it is very important to resolve this error.Please help me .Again I am requesting please help me.

How you hope that anyone helps you without providing any details?

Please give away some details: Windows or Linux? If Linux, which one? Has the IDE worked ever on your machine before or this is the 1st time?

If you have Windows, try to re-install it to clean state.

AMISH.2
Associate II

Sorry, I have not provided os details. My stm32cube IDE is running on the windows os. Earlier I worked a total of 30 days on this application. Now when I am working on this application this does not allow me to create an stm32 project. when I am trying to close this application this is giving me the error "Could not initialize class java.awt.Toolkit. ".I tried with a new workspace and also I do reinstall this application. And deleted workbench.xmi this file also. But still, the problem is not resolved. Is there anything that I am missing? Please somebody help me. please..please ...very urgent. Thanks in advance.

AMISH.2
Associate II

@Pavel A.​ As you said what is re-install it to clean state. This is different then normal install state.

Hi @AMISH.2​ Thank you for the info.

Such problems are often fixed by creating a new workspace. But it did not work for you so...

Windows is a complex and open system, there's a lot of things that can break.

If getting productive fast is important to you, do a complete re-install of Windows. Ask your IT person to help.

Use another IDE!!! like KEIL IAR or anyother. STMCUBEIDE is not a profissional tool.

Same issue. However, this software worked fine before my fresh installation of windows.