cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Till my last session all was working well. Today when I invoke the debugger, I get an error message which is persisting - as shown in the picture attached. Could anyone please suggest a way out?

NAnand1
Associate III

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mattias norlander
ST Employee

Support via PM on-going, will share findings later on the forum if we find anything of interest.

It seems quite clear at this stage that the update from 1.4 --> 1.5 went wrong leading to missing classes.

The question is just why. We have not seen such incident before and we are unable to re-produce.

Could be disk space or network issue during update or possibly anti-virus software...

Anyway, confirmed already solved by re-installing the full version of CubeIDE 1.5.0.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
mattias norlander
ST Employee

Hi,

Try to:

1. Restart CubeIDE
  2. Create a new debug configuration for the project to see if this works
  3. Go into the workspace\.metadata\.log file and reply back with the stack trace for the NPE
  4. If still unable to debug with new debug config as suggested in #2, are you then able to debug any of your other projects in the workspace?
  5. If all projects failing to debug in the workspace, then try to create a new workspace and a new project. Can you debug that?

In this way we can try to narrow down if issues is in your debug configuration, your project, your workspace, your installation.

If none of this helps, then maybe re-install CubeIDE. If that does not help... Well, then... I guess we have to be creative...

MM..1
Chief II

On left project explorer click with right mouse on project and use Clean

Then same way Build

Then if all works try debug

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @NAnand1​ ,

Please mark the post which solved your issue as best answer, by clicking on the "Select as Best" button.

This will help other users find this solution more quickly.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
NAnand1
Associate III

Thanks for your responses. I tried all your suggestions, but none worked. I coudnt follow through 3, as my understanding of this detail is not too deep.

I also tried the clean option as suggested by MM, but it didnt help.

I had been using the 1.4.0 version of the IDE which had been updated to 1.5.0. Maybe there is a bug in the updation process.

I installed 1.5.0 afresh, and now there is no problem with this version. The earlier version continues with the bug. I will now proceed to uninstall the upgraded 1.4.0 version.

Many thanks.

Hi @NAnand1​,

Could you send me your workspace log-file? Sounds like this issue could be related to the P2 update mechanism, but never seen the issue before...

the log-file is located here: $(YOUR_WORKSPACE_FOLDER)\.metadata\.log

Send it in a PM if you want.

Kind regards, Mattias

Hi Mattias

I have sent the file through PM. Pl tell me if you received it.

NA

Hi,

OK - we had a look at the code. At the code. First guess would be that your update from 1.4.0 > 1.5.0 did not finish successfully. Do you remember if you had any error messages during the update? Any network issues that could have lead to this? We rely quite heavily on this update mechanism and have so far not seen any issues with plug-in integrity unless the connection itself goes down...

Please do this (in the installation you updated from 1.4.0 > 1.5.0. NOT in your full new re-install):

• Help > About > Installation Details > Configuration tab
  • Copy all the content here and upload it as a file here or PM it...
  • Then we can compare to see if you have all the right plug-in versions after the P2 update from 1.4.0 > 1.5.0

No Sir, there was no other message except the screenshot. Being a cryptic message, I couldnt probe further.. The connection was intact, as I could download 1.5.0 afresh and open the project through it. Its working fine. I cannot say if it disrupted momentarily during the update.

Here is the detail you needed:

mattias norlander
ST Employee

Support via PM on-going, will share findings later on the forum if we find anything of interest.

It seems quite clear at this stage that the update from 1.4 --> 1.5 went wrong leading to missing classes.

The question is just why. We have not seen such incident before and we are unable to re-produce.

Could be disk space or network issue during update or possibly anti-virus software...

Anyway, confirmed already solved by re-installing the full version of CubeIDE 1.5.0.