cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STME32CubeIDE + FreeRTOS - file "freertos_mpool.h" missing

MDe
Associate

Hello,

I am using STM32CubeIDE to compile under FreeRTOS a project to download in an ARM STM32F107VCT6 component installed on an Olimex board.
I am new to using STM32CubeIDE.
At first, I just want to run a very small program on the component to make a LED blinking on the board and just that.

I managed, with your help, to generate the basic code including main.c (it was necessary to do it a first time by going through STM32CubeMX)
Here, now, and without having added a single line of code of my own, I am trying to compile what has just been generated to see if everything goes well (right click on the project name then "Build Project")
It does not compile completely, there are errors.
The first one is this:
"../Middlewares/Third_Party/FreeRTOS/Source/CMSIS_RTOS_V2/cmsis_os2.c:33:10: fatal error: freertos_mpool.h: No such file or directory"
The file "freertos_mpool.h" is missing.
I looked, it is nowhere on my hard drive.
What is happening?
What should I do?
I want to make it clear that I did not do anything special. I only installed STM32CubeIDE, created a new project, initialized FreeRTOS by adding an empty task "BlinkTask" that will contain the code for blinking the LED. I then generated the code (with MX) and now I am only trying to compile it. That's all.

Thank you for your insight and help.

--

MDe / Belgium

3 REPLIES 3
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

This is a known behavior already escalated internally. Internal ticket number 192161.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Ok, good to know it is a known issue. And no problem with it.

What can I do then in order to proceed ?

Are there other files missing ?

How can I complete the installation and make sure eveyrthing is there ?

Hello,

Just so you know, I just searched on your forum if we had not already encountered this problem of missing "freertos_mpool.h" file.
I found this thread here.  Problems with stm32f103zet6 using stm2cubeIDE to build freertos projects 

Your colleague there suggests going back to version 1 of CMSIS.
I don't see any problem, that's what I did.

And now it works ! Everything compiles perfectly until the end without error or warning.

I now move on to the next step which consists of downloading the binary code normally obtained to the "STM32F107-VCT6" chip at my disposal.

Thank you for the speed of your answers.
I will not hesitate to come back to you if I encounter other problems that I cannot solve.

Kind regards,
--
MDe / Belgium