cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32U575 USB CDC

beenwew
Associate II

Hello everyone,
I want to make a usb connection using USB_OTG_FS_DP and USB_OTG_FS_DM pins on the STM32U575 board. When I tried it with the examples found on the internet, it didn't work. When I tried the same method on the STM32F401 board, it was enough to select only USB_OTG_FS -> Device Only and Middleware -> USB_DEVICE -> virtual com port. What basic settings do I need to make to see my STM32U575 board as a virtual com port on the computer? I'm not very experienced in this. Thank you in advance for your help. Also, when I use the ux_device_cdc_acm example in CubeIDE, it does not appear as a virtual com port.

3 REPLIES 3
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @beenwew ,

Ensure that the correct driver is installed and verify that the heap and stack sizes are sufficient. 

Did you try the USB CDC example within STM32U5 firmware?

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Yes, I tried the ux_device_cdc_acm example for the nucleo u575zi in the cube ide application. All I did was debug and plug in the usb type c cable and upload this example to the card.

When I used the ready code of CubeIDE, I managed to run it with only a typec cable, but I want to connect with DP and DM pins without typec. For this, I created a project without USBPD. In this case, the PC does not see the device on the NUCLEO board, but on the PCB board I designed, it sees it as an unknown device. DFU mode works fine on my PCB.
When I debug the code, it goes into an infinite loop in the

/* Wait here for the PendSV to take place. */

__tx_wait_here:

B __tx_wait_here // Wait for the PendSV to happen

section of the tx_thread_schedule library.