cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H7B3I-DK - unable to flash code to board and enter debug mode

richi
Associate III

I am using 1.10.0 STM CUBE IDE. Everything was working fine until I unchecked the box to update STLINK firmware. Now it does not work. I later updated the firmware , but still not a thing changed. This is the message I get when I try to debug console:

STMicroelectronics ST-LINK GDB server. Version 7.0.0
Copyright (c) 2022, STMicroelectronics. All rights reserved.

Starting server with the following options:
Persistent Mode : Disabled
Logging Level : 1
Listen Port Number : 61234
Status Refresh Delay : 15s
Verbose Mode : Disabled
SWD Debug : Enabled
InitWhile : Enabled

Target no device found

Error in initializing ST-LINK device.
Reason: No device found on target.

Error in final launch sequence:

Failed to execute MI command:
target remote localhost:61234

Error message from debugger back end:
localhost:61234: Connection timed out.
Failed to execute MI command:
target remote localhost:61234

Error message from debugger back end:

I tried restarting a PC it did not help. Please help I need to finish my project.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I found a solution , it was a little switch on the board which switches beetwen SYS_MEM and FLASH. All it needs to be done is noted on here: https://community.st.com/t5/stm32cubeprogrammer-mcus/stm32h7b3i-dk-error-no-stm32-target-found/td-p/303802.

Thank for your time,

Regards,

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SofLit
ST Employee

Everything was working fine until I unchecked the box to update STLINK firmware.

Which box you did uncheck?

And if you try to connect with STM32CubeProgrammer? what happens?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I just unchecked the option to not show me again that window(window for firmware upgrade) , now tried with Programmer I also can't connect. It even can't "see" the board as accessible, even tho it is powered on an control LEDs are blinking.

What message is showing with CubeProgrammer?

Could you please share a screenshot of the error?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

richi_0-1708532451561.png

Are you sure you didn't modify any option byte?

Are you sure you didn't make any HW change to the board?

I found a solution , it was a little switch on the board which switches beetwen SYS_MEM and FLASH. All it needs to be done is noted on here: https://community.st.com/t5/stm32cubeprogrammer-mcus/stm32h7b3i-dk-error-no-stm32-target-found/td-p/303802.

Thank for your time,

Regards,