cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H7B3I-DK Debugging

HFara.1
Associate II

Hi I have just received my STM32H7B3I-DK and have plugged a micro usb in STLINK connection. When I build a sample application in CubeIDE and try to launch debugger using the default configuration that seems like a good selection, but the debugger terminates indicating not ST-Link detected.

Is there any document regarding to getting started with example debugging for this DK? TIA

Best,

Habib Farahani

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HFara.1
Associate II

Thanks Uwe for your notes. The usb enumeration from STLINK usb seems to be working just fine. The drivers are showing up under device manager (I am using a Windows machine) What I wound up doing was to download Cube programmer and erase the entire flash. I suspected that the old BL I had loaded might have inadvertently remapped SWD signals to GPIO or something like that. After flash erasure, I was able to launch the debugger. Thanks for your reply.

Best,

Habib

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

Do you plug in to the right USB plug? Is the cable good or perhaps only a power cable? Does your system recognize the USB device, e.g.look with dmesg on linux.

HFara.1
Associate II

Thanks Uwe for your notes. The usb enumeration from STLINK usb seems to be working just fine. The drivers are showing up under device manager (I am using a Windows machine) What I wound up doing was to download Cube programmer and erase the entire flash. I suspected that the old BL I had loaded might have inadvertently remapped SWD signals to GPIO or something like that. After flash erasure, I was able to launch the debugger. Thanks for your reply.

Best,

Habib