cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX 6.8.0 and STM32CubeIDE 1.12.0: bug in setting PWR security with low-level drivers

SOfne.1
Associate III

Used STM32CubeIDE version: 1.12.0
Used driver library: STM32Cube_FW_U5_V1.2.0

I used low-level drivers for the PWR peripheral.

When configuring secure protection in the PWR configuration, e.g. enabling PWR Security "Voltage detection and monitoring secure protection" and "Backup domain secure protection", the code generator adds multiple calls to LL_PWR_ConfigSecure() in the function SystemPower_Config() instead of collecting the parameters and add a single call to LL_PWR_ConfigSecure().

STM32CubeIDE code generator PWR.PNG

This leads to only the last secure protection set being effective since all previous ones have been overwritten.

This is how the code generator currently inserts calls to LL_PWR_ConfigSecure():

/*
* PWR Privilege/Secure Items Configurations
*/
LL_PWR_ConfigSecure(LL_PWR_VDM_SEC);
LL_PWR_ConfigSecure(LL_PWR_VB_SEC);

And this is how the code generator should insert a single call to LL_PWR_ConfigSecure():

/*
* PWR Privilege/Secure Items Configurations
*/
LL_PWR_ConfigSecure(LL_PWR_VDM_SEC | 
LL_PWR_VB_SEC);

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @SOfne.1 ,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

I confirm the issue and I reported internally.

Internal ticket number: 157463 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @SOfne.1 ,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

I confirm the issue and I reported internally.

Internal ticket number: 157463 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.