cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE v1.8 debug questions

ivainc
Associate III

I make a project with two LINKED .c source files. When debug session is started I cannot set any breakpoints inside those files. If I keep it as non linked - all OK while debugging. But this files must be linked, because it shared between two projects. How to fix this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

What are linked source files?

If they're part of the project (i.e. if you are compiling them during the build step), you should be able to set breakpoints.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
ivainc
Associate III

I add those files as in the pic:0693W00000HqYtWQAV.jpgAs a result this files now part of my project:

0693W00000HqYu0QAF.jpgCompiling is OK. But when I start debug session any breakpoints settling inside are non functional for me. Can you try this for any of your projects? I use ST-LINK v2 (GDB server) connection.

ivainc
Associate III

Found a fix for all of us! We need to edit 'Debug Configuration' Source tab. At this tab simplify add 'New compilation directory' container and a path where your linked С source files placed. Next, restart debug session and linked files now debuggable and breakpoints can be inserted.

However, it's wondering for me: project compiled OK, so Eclipse engine have enough information where project sorces files placed. And Debug configuration lookup path can be updated automatically...