cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32cubeIDE sensor using

smldgns3
Associate

Hello. I am an electrical and electronics engineering student, and I am doing an internship. I have designed my own PCB with an STM32F103 series processor and a BNO055 IMU sensor. I have received the PCB. All that's left is to write the code for the board and make it work. To be honest, I have very little knowledge in the software part, especially for STM32. I have seen a few projects that use the STM32 and the BNO055 sensor. While working on these projects, I noticed that they use libraries that they have created themselves (such as bno055_driver.h, i2c_driver.h, bno055_driver.c, etc.). I'm not sure if it's necessary to create these libraries. I couldn't fully understand this part. What should I do to get data from the sensor? I would really appreciate it if you could give me some ideas.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @smldgns3 , 

I recommend you this WIKI : Getting started with I2C - stm32mcu.
You should also check the datasheet of the sensor for more details like max frequency for I2C communication, Static address, register address , then you can follow the steps for the configuration and manager your project using HAL lib.

Hope it helps,
Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Issamos
Lead II

Hello @smldgns3 

You can use the ready to use library such as this one. But if you want to do it the easy way, You can use the STM32DUINO. wish will give you the opportunity to program your STM32F103 using the Arduino IDE and you can use this library to make it work.

Hope this is helpful for you.

Best regards.

II

Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @smldgns3 , 

I recommend you this WIKI : Getting started with I2C - stm32mcu.
You should also check the datasheet of the sensor for more details like max frequency for I2C communication, Static address, register address , then you can follow the steps for the configuration and manager your project using HAL lib.

Hope it helps,
Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.