cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE freeRTOS semaphore creation issue

MarcinGajewski
Associate

Hi,

I have a problem during creation of Semaphore in STM32CubeIDE. When I create a semaphore (dynamic or static) and add it to register view then.... nothing happens. I discovered that issue when in fact this mutex behaves as it wouldn't be created ever (taking it, results in  time out). In exactly same way, I do create other semaphores/mutex in the system and all fine. I was making tests and observed:

• dynamic/static creation has no effect
  • heap is sufficient, creation in dynamic mode successfully allocates memory for it
  • the order or creation matters, just like there would be a lock on max 6 sempahores. When I move the semaphore to initialize it first, it works, but the still the last semaphre suffers. 

Any ideas?

Thanks

Marcin

MarcinGajewski_0-1699617064869.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MarcinGajewski
Associate

There is limitation in freeRTOS of queue in registry, limited in my case to 8 (I have had already 2 standard queues), so just 6 places left, not allowing 7th to be created.

MarcinGajewski_0-1699617956100.png

Issue sorted.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MarcinGajewski
Associate

There is limitation in freeRTOS of queue in registry, limited in my case to 8 (I have had already 2 standard queues), so just 6 places left, not allowing 7th to be created.

MarcinGajewski_0-1699617956100.png

Issue sorted.