cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stm32CubeIDE crashes on startup: "Java" is not responding

BRobe.1641
Associate II

My linux laptop (Ubuntu 22.04) failed to properly 'sleep' overnight - there is something wrong with the install of Ubuntu on my laptop. At the time, CubeIDE 1.11.2 was running, with Devstyle plugin (which has itself caused problems for me in the past). I have tried removing the 'st' folder in /opt, and reinstalling, and that had no impact. While this may just be a problem with my system76 linux laptop, other applications appear to be functioning normally.

To clarify, when I load STM32CubeIDE, the devstyle splash screen came up, and then after I proceed into the IDE, it freezes, with a message that says "Java" is not responding. On starting up since, I have skipped the devstyle splash screen, and instead get the blue-colored splash of CubeIDE - but it just freezes, saying the same thing, and suggesting I force quit.

Is there a way to diagnose this problem?

12 REPLIES 12

It also worked for me

For me renaming (removing) the .metadata/.lock file did the trick. HTH

LE: Actually, I ended up renaming the .metadata altogether (following the advice of someone else in this thread) and copying the missing .plugins/ directory contents from the old renamed .metadata to the newly generated .metadata/.plugins directory.

rybanu
Associate II

in my case :

1  copy folder metadata(hidden folder in workspace ) to enother place , delete folder metadata in workspace

2 run CUBEIDE . (system created new metadata

3  copy   old folder  plugins (from  .metadata/.plugins)   , to your new folder metadata without  folder org.eclipse.e4.workbench  ...   ITS work for me and ceep all settings