cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE 1.9.0 Question: User generated .c&.h files don't have the same functionality as the auto generated files like main.c.

FAssa.1
Associate

I can add my own .ch files to a project and build and see the proper functionality on the MCU with no problems. However, the user generated src modules are not colorized, or system calls are not "Auto Complete" enabled like main.c module is. More importantly I can't place a break point anywhere in user .c modules (the IDE attempts to add a bookmark instead!) and have to break the code from main.c. Once in from main, I can single step in the user files normally.

The user files are in the same directory (Src/) as the main.c as are the user include files in (Inc/)

Is there a step I've missed in adding my user files?

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

Should work. You can try refreshing the workspace, rebuilding the index, and/or restarting CubeIDE. Ensure you're actually in that file and not one with the same name in another directory.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Hello there,

Could you take a screenshot of the structure of the project in your "Project Explorer" view in STM32CubeIDE? Might give us an idea of how the project is set up.

FAssa.1
Associate

Hi Markus,

Thanks for your response. Hopefully, the project Explorer picture is legible. It is the cmdProcessor.c file that I'm having trouble with.

Fred

0693W00000Np0j5QAB.png