cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE 1.6.1 stops responding, stuck forever in "Build project", on Windows 10

GC.Selene
Associate II

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro, Version 20H2, Build 19042.964.

I just open a workspace that used to work fine. Just let it sit there, doing nothing. The option Project->Build Automatically is disabled. Tried and disabled Indexer, but to no avail!

Some weird Build Project thread gets started, which never ends and prevents any other operation. Even trying to edit a source file is stopped, due to this mysterious "build" in progress. You get the message "The user operation is waiting for background work to complete."

After a while the IDE stops responding altogether, the load on the CPU is Very high, and the only possible thing to do is terminating it from the Task Manager.

The following occurred while debugging through Segger J-Link, but it may happen in any circumstance, even while just editing.

0693W00000AMzefQAD.png 

Extremely frustrating! :persevering_face:

Has anybody else faced such situation? Any solution/workaround found?

Thank you very much for any help you may provide.

22 REPLIES 22
Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

I don't see any obvious fault in the logs. However, I attached your logs to a ticket created to try and get to the bottom of this issue.

Thank you Markus!

In the meantime, I disabled the Refresh workspace on startup check in the Startup and Shutdown preferences.

Not sure what I am missing out on without that option, but it seems to work OK thus far.

KR

Giuseppe