cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE 1.12.1 / Ubuntu 23.04

PG.1
Associate III

Hello!

I have a problem installing STM32CubeIDE 1.12.1 over Ubuntu 23.04. It says it doesn't find libpython2.7. Does anyone know how to install it?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Install python 2.7, this should bring the libpython2.7 with it

PG.1
Associate III

Hello!

Thanks for your reply.

You can indeed assume I am "understanding impaired" but just for your info,

that's (of course!!!) the first thing I tried. But sudo apt install replied that libpython 2.7 cannot

be found. Beside this, STM32CubeIDE works perfectly fine with Ubuntu 22.04.2, and in this

case the python version is 3.10. So there is more than python version in this problem.

dhost
Associate

I used 'equivs' to build a fake (empty) libpython2.7 package, as described here:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/18192/how-to-fake-a-package-version-installed

I called 'equivs-control libpython2.7' to build a template package description file. Then I uncommented Package, Version, and Maintainer and filled them in. I then built the debian package with 'equivs-build ./libpython2.7', installed it, and installed STM32CubeIDE. It mostly works, but the sample browser doesn't seem to be working for me. It's still possible to import projects and compile them. I then tried compiling python2.7 from source and putting it in the PATH, but it doesn't help with the sample browser...

Cheers

PG.1
Associate III

Hello!

Thanks for your reply. Sorry for the delay, I have been out for a few weeks...

I have installed the package.

Running equivs-control libpython2.7 produces a file named libpython2.7

In this file, I have changed version to 2.7, maintainer to me with my mail address and then compiled.

Now STM32 package still doesn't find it. I have checked where the current version of libpython stays

(version 3.something) but there is nothing like libpython2.7 in the folder.

Did I miss something?

Thanks for any hint!

Same issue here, I need to install it on Ubuntu 23.04 and Python 2 is not available.

BG

andrii
Associate

I had the same problem on Ubuntu 23.04 with installations of versions 1.13.0, 1.13.01 and 1.13.2.
Solving problem: you need to install not “STM32CubeIDE Debian Linux Installer”, but “STM32CubeIDE Generic Linux Installer”. Everything is going well!

PG.1
Associate III

Hello!

Sorry for the delay, I found a solution a while ago, it consists in installing the STM32CubeIDE version

for generic linux, not ubuntu and then it works fine.

PG