cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM IDE: missing CMSIS files

JLuck.1
Associate

Hi, i have a problem with STM IDE projects.

When i create a new project, in some cases there are no CMSIS files importet by the IDE.

For example, i have crated a project with the STM32L152RCT- MCU. In the folder "Drivers -> CMSIS" are two subfolders named "Device" and "Include". The subfolder "Include" contains a lot of header-files like "core_cm4.h". This project works fine and i have no problems.

Now, in my mainproject i've choosed the controller STM32F405ZGTX. But there is no subfolder called "Include" in the folder "CMSIS". So this subfolder is missing with the header-files. Building the project bring errors, cant find core_cm4.h.

But why is this subfolder missing? Do anyone have an idea whats going on?

2 REPLIES 2
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Is CubeMX generating the project correctly or do you get errors in the MX view when you try to regenerate the project?

If I create a project for STM32F405ZGTX I get the subfolder "Include" containing the core_cm4.h, both on my internal build and on the official 1.2.0. Are you using some other version? Do you know of a way to recreate the issue?

JLuck.1
Associate

Thanks for your answer.

Im using the newest version (v.1.2.0).

I think CubeMX doesnt generate correctly because the subfolder "Include" is missing. But there is no error occuring when CubeMX generating the code.

Only when i build the project the errors occur.

On the picture below you can see the problem. In the first project the folder is missing and in the second one it is present.

My colleagues have the same problem as me.

I don't know how the error can be created, because it is there from gebin on. I do not know what the problem is.

0690X00000DByfcQAD.png