cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-link v2 running on STM32Cube Programmer

shovon134
Associate

I've recently bought a cheap Chinese ST-link v2 clone. It uses a Geehy APM32 MCU. Which is I guess  STM32 clone. I've since replaced it with a genuine STM32 MCU and st-link firmware. I was able to run it on  STM32 ST-link utility. But failed to run it on STM32CubeProgrammer. It wasn't detecting the st-link device. Is there a solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @shovon134, to the community!

As often discussed here in the community, clones are not accepted by the STM32CubeProg. Since there is no official binary of the original firmware, your ST-Link cannot be officially updated.

Solution: get an original ST-LINK, either from a NUCLEO-64 or a genuine stand-alone ST-LINK. And forget these ST-LINK/V2 clones.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @shovon134, to the community!

As often discussed here in the community, clones are not accepted by the STM32CubeProg. Since there is no official binary of the original firmware, your ST-Link cannot be officially updated.

Solution: get an original ST-LINK, either from a NUCLEO-64 or a genuine stand-alone ST-LINK. And forget these ST-LINK/V2 clones.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

>>Is there a solution?

Buy legitimate / authentic equipment.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..