Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

st link server is required to launch the debug session

LCE
Principal

Hello,

using: STM32CubeIDE 1.10.1 on Windows 10

I have not used the debugger for a week or so, I didn't do any updates (okay, Win 10 probably has, managed by company...), but all of a sudden when I want to start a debug session, this message pops up:

st link server is required to launch the debug session

Why's that?

Edit: I am an absolute beginner when it comes to STM debugging tools.

Because I always worked on many different platforms, I mostly rely on LEDs and UARTs for debugging...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​,

Please make sure to close all instances of STM32CubeIDE, STM32CubeProgrammer.

If it doesn't work, you better update the firmware version check debugger settings. For example:

0693W00000WJ0BAQA1.pngOtherwise, it would be better to re-install ST-LINK server software.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​,

Please make sure to close all instances of STM32CubeIDE, STM32CubeProgrammer.

If it doesn't work, you better update the firmware version check debugger settings. For example:

0693W00000WJ0BAQA1.pngOtherwise, it would be better to re-install ST-LINK server software.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks, now after a re-installing of the ST-LINK server software and a computer restart, it's working again.

Although Win 10 didn't like the install file, came with a warning.