cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project from the STUSB1602 software library doesn't work as expected on the NUCLEO-F072RB Board

SKaiba
Associate

I am using an NUCLEO-F072RB Board with an STUSB1602 Type-C Controller Expansion Board. 

I have the following 2 issues after I flashed it with the Project "STM32F072_MB1303_DRP_2PORTS" from the STSW-STUSB010 Library:

1. If there is no USB-C Cable connected to either Port, the Blue LEDs D100 and D103 blink three times a intended. The issues appear when I connect a Source or Sink.

The Orange LEDs D105 and D102, which are supposed to show me the orientantion of the cable, keep blinking two times even if I change the orientation. Instead it seems that the Blue LEDs change their blinking pattern depending on the cables orientation.

So I thought that both LEDs are switched but the Orange LEDs never change their blinking pattern. 

2. When I try to access the Port status with the CLI (PuTTY) it shows me the following output everytime I Press the B2 Button:

▒ 

0693W00000UoD9GQAV.jpg 

I use the following Settings:

Baudrate: 115200 

Data bit: 8 

Parity: none 

Stop bit: 1 

Hardware Flow Control: None 

0693W00000UoD9uQAF.jpg 

I got the library and code from the official Website

As stated in the Readme I importet the Project "STM32F072_MB1303_DRP_2PORTS" into the STM32CubeIDE.

I am using the Version 1.10.1 of the STM32CubeIDE.

Best Regards and Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
NBALL
ST Employee

Hello

I just reproduced what you described: i'll check and come back.

About CLI, there no 'CLI out' like demo code embedded into fresh board, that's why you cannot get trace.

You can use https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stm32cubemonucpd.html#get-software to get message traces.

Best regards

SGern.1
Associate

Hi, I run in the same error like SKaiba. I flash the provided image files from the webside. I have STM32F072 -> MB1136 C-04 and STUSB1602 -> MB1303 B-04.