cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Eclipse and GDB using STLink-V2

Polyman
Associate

I have a stock version of Eclipse and I am trying to configure it to load and single step a very simple blinker that runs on an Nucleo-L073RZ board. The debug agent is stllink (aka texane, I am *not* using OpenOCD). The setup works as expected when debugged with arm-non-eabi-gdb alone.

In Eclipse I can compile the simple application. I then create a debug configuration choosing "GDB Hardware Debugging". Under the debugger tab I choose the debugger (arm-none-eabi-gdb), and under the remote target fieldset I choose ST-LINK and the IP/port to talk to the agent. Under the Startup tab I set a breakpoint at "main" and I run the debugger.

From the looks of it, the program is downloaded, Eclipse is aware of the breakpoints that I placed in the .gdbinit file (see attached screenshot), the blinker runs for a very short time (enough time to see the LED blink a few times over the course of less than a second) and then bails out with the result shown in the attached picture. The fact that the LED blinks is an indication that the breakpoints have not been hit even though Eclipse is aware of them.

I have updated the firmware inside the ST-LINK/V2 probe, then tried different settings in Eclipse without any result.

Thanks much

Tony

1 REPLY 1
TDK
Guru

Why use bare Eclipse? Not many people running that setup. All the drawbacks of STM32CubeIDE without any of the STM32 specific benefits.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".