cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem: STM32CubeIDE deleted all my projects inside workspace, and created new directory as per workspace choosen after renaming a folder in my PC, which was included inside workspace in STM32CubeIDE

JAkht.1
Associate

Info:

|- STM32CubeIDE 1.4.0

|- OS: Window

Description:

- I have chosen working directory/worskspace -> e.g.: C:\course_1\cubdeide_ws

- (STM32CubeIDE was closed)

- I have then renamed my course folder -> e.g.: C:\course_2\cubdeide_ws

- I then opened STM32CubeIDE to do project (STM32-Projects)

- I had encountered the following problem:

- All projctes inside folder/worskspace 'C:\course_2\cubdeide_ws' (renamed one) was deleted

- I should only have 'C:\course_2\cubdeide_ws' directory in my PC, but I also had 'C:\course_1\cubdeide_ws'

- In folder 'C:\course_2', I had my stuffs from before, but there are no any projects inside 'C:\course_2\cubdeide_ws' folder

- In folder 'C:\course_1', I have a folder with path 'C:\course_1\cubdeide_ws', but even there, there is none of my projects

Problems:

1. All my STM32-Projects are gone/deleted (it's not even in Recycle Bin)

2. Why is STM32CubeIDE creating new fodler (same as choosen workspace before)? Before renaming any folder in my PC, do I have to check whether the path is included as workspace by STM32CubeIDE:expressionless_face:?

4 REPLIES 4
Javier1
Principal

>>1.4.0,

pheeew that is old.

>>  2. Why is STM32CubeIDE creating new fodler (same as choosen workspace before)? Before renaming any folder in my PC, do I have to check whether the path is included as workspace by STM32CubeIDE:expressionless_face:?

I had plenty of issues when updating cubeIDE but thisone is not one of them

we dont need to firmware by ourselves, lets talk
JAkht.1
Associate

But this is crazy. I lost my about 8 projects (realted to CAN, Ethernet, ...). Now I dont't know what to do :(

Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @JAkht.1​ 

With older version of the STM32CubeIDE tool such issues was reported.

I am using the latest version (1.11.0) and I am not able to reproduce the issue.

Could you please provide the .ide.log and the .log files. They are under the .metadata directory in the workspace folder. Also could you give a clearer description of the scenario that have generated this behavior.

Thanks and kind regards,

Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

good time to start using some version control tool such as git, maybe github?

F

we dont need to firmware by ourselves, lets talk