cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please login to download a software package go to myST -> login

jLern.1
Associate

I just got an STM32F746ZG Nucleo 144 microcontroller, and was setting up a project using the STMCubeIDE, but it was giving me this error when I was trying to have it generate the code to get started on my project: please login to download a software package go to myST -> login.

6 REPLIES 6
jLern.1
Associate

The project is called 'UltrasoundGen' and it also says: Project 'UltrasoundGen' has no explicit encoding set.

TDK
Guru

There should be a login screen that pops up that you can log into to download the package. This is something that was added recently, unfortunately, and will fail if ST servers are unavailable, which happens frequently. Only real solution is to try again later.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Rim LANDOLSI
ST Employee

Hello @jLern.1 ,

The latest versions of STM32CubeIDE  uses the network settings under Window > Preferences > Network Connections. There you can choose between:

• Direct (without proxy)
  • Manual (uses dedicated proxy settings)
  • Native (dynamic host)

Also, check the connection until it  is "green" under STM32Cube-> Firmware updater: 

RimLANDOLSI_0-1692009250886.png

Thanks,

Rim.

arghon13
Associate

Just to make sure that you did not miss this, because I did:

There is an option to login to STM32 IDE, on the top navigation bar right next to Window, Help, you should see a tab named MySt. Click on that, you will see an option to login, once you do so try to save again and see if that automatically downloads needed software package and generates the code.

thanks

JMarq.1
Associate III

I've just installed STM32CubeIDE 1.14.0 and I faced the same problem. I was creating my first project for an STM32WB5MM-DK board. I wasn't log in to myST when I run the New project wizard. While the IDE was generating the code for the first time, I got the screen image shown below. Pressing the X on the "User authentication manager window" always-on-top-most Window does nothing. I am not able to close any window:

JMarq1_0-1705318722100.png

Trying to close with the X button the STM32 Project Firmware Library Package Setup screen, shows this message:

JMarq1_1-1705318921572.png

The only option is to kill the IDE using Windows task manager.

I run again the IDE. This time I was going to log in but I got a blank window with no credentials asked:

JMarq1_2-1705319396517.png

JMarq1_3-1705319413295.png

I am using a trial virtual machine with Windows 11 Pro v21H2 (22000.2538). After restarting the machine, I was able to log in.