cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orphaned toolchain?

AStew.1
Associate II

Help! I have been experimenting with STM32CubeIDE and a STM32H747i-Disco board for a few weeks now. All was going well, I was able to compile, modify and debug code. Then something went wrong and I had to re-install STM32CubeIDE, now I can't seem to link the IDE with the toolchains.

0693W000005BQO6QAO.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

AC6 is the old (abandoned) SW4STM32 IDE. Seems like it's detecting that instead of the STM32CubeIDE toolchain. I would uninstall SW4STM32, or change the toolchain using the dropdown.

I don't see a "Tool Chain Editor" page in my IDE. Are you on the latest version (1.4.2)?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
AStew.1
Associate II

Thanks for the prompt reply but...

Which of the many compiler choices is the "STM32Cube" toolchain ?

The 'make' options are limited to 'Gnu make builder' and 'CDT Internal builder' neither of which seems acceptable to the build process

TDK
Guru

Not real sure. I don't have "Tool Chain Editor" option which is why I asked if you were on the latest version. Here's the closest thing I can find in my project. As you can see, there are several differences. Perhaps the project wasn't imported/translated correctly and still points to outdated SW4STM32 stuff.

0693W000005BQR1QAO.png 

Maybe creating a new debug configuration would solve the issue.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".