cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUCLEO-G474RE Error in final launch sequence

alw
Associate III

I have successfully built the DRP1M1_DRP Dual-Role USB-C project targeting the NUCLEO-G474RE (supplied with X-CUBE-TCPP v4.4.0). The first time I tried RUN, I had to update the ST-LINK software on the NUCLEO board (it's brand new), but having done that when I try again I get the attached error saying:

Error finishing flash operation 

Please see attached, any ideas please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FBL
ST Employee

@alw Would you please insert a hub between USB-C adapter's plug and the board and see if the issue persists?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
alw
Associate III

I've attached a screen capture showing the error more clearly. I'm using a current model MacBook Pro with an Apple USB-C to USB-A adapter, and then a USB-A to Micro-B cable. Is there any known reason why this wouldn't work please?

alw
Associate III

Problem solved, ST-Link doesn't like the Apple USB-C to USB-A adapter. If I use the USB-A hub on my monitor then it works.

FBL
ST Employee

Hello @alw 

Have you checked the adapter drivers? maybe libusb used doesn't support it.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

alw
Associate III

Hi @FBL 

This is using STM32CubeIDE with a NUCLEO-G474RE on a MacBook Pro M3 Max running macOS Sonoma 14.3 so as far as I'm aware there are no USB drivers to install. The Apple USB-C to USB adapter works fine with external USB drives and indeed right now I'm using it successfully with a PicoScope oscilloscope. As this is the official Apple adapter, I suggest that it's worth ST's time to understand why it doesn't work.

Link to adapter:

https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/MJ1M2ZM/A/usb-c-to-usb-adapter

Also, under macOS Sonoma, the STM32CubeIDE start-up screen is upside down. As the NXP Config Tools for i.MX has the same issue, I think it might be an issue with Eclipse.

FBL
ST Employee

Hi @alw 

Are you using STM32CubeIDE V1.14.0 ?  You may need to update the latest version because the issue of start-up screen upside down is already fixed in V1.15.0 on MacOS version 14.2.1 and 14.1.2

It is possible that the issue might be with eclipse. An internal ticket 177002 has been submitted to dedicated team for further investigation.

alw
Associate III

Any ideas about the Apple USB-C adapter please? Has your software QA team tested one please to verify the issue?

FBL
ST Employee

@alw Would you please insert a hub between USB-C adapter's plug and the board and see if the issue persists?

alw
Associate III

Hi FBL

Yes, when I insert a bus-powered USB hub in-between the Apple USB adapter and the STM32 NUCLEO board, the downloading works ok

Kind regards,

Al