Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUCLEO-F756ZG ethernet CubeIDE configuration

AKhar.5
Associate II

Hello all!

help needed! 🙂

For last week I try to make UDP server on NUCLEO-F756ZG.

I am stuck in the beginning...I can't configure my board to ping it.

From reading old threads I understand that there was an issue with automatic ethernet configuration of NUCLEO-F7 boards from CUBE-IDE.

I'm running CubeIDE 1.13.3 (latest).

Do I still need to configure MPU and RAM to make ethernet work?

Maybe someone have example project (for same board)?

Thanks in advance. 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
AKhar.5
Associate II

CubeIDE 1.13.2

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @AKhar.5 ,

The STM32F756 and STM32H750 MCUs include an Arm® Cortex®-M7 core, so, I think that you can get inspired from How do I create a project for STM32H7 with Ethernet and LwIP stack working? to configure the MPU and RAM to make ethernet work.

Also, I recommend you to take a look to LwIP_UDP_Echo_Client example. This application runs on STM32F756xx/STM32F746xx devices.

I hope this help you!

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Thank you @KDJEM.1

I'm a newbie with STM32...

But I'm really confused...

ST has a wonderful full featured IDE named CubeIDE

Why I can't configure my Nucleo board (that made by ST too) using CubeIDE to work with Ethernet connection?

The projects that you adviced does not include *.ioc file. All the configurations are done "manually", and it is very confusing for someone that is not familiar with these boards....

I see reports on problem configuring ethernet connection for NUCLEO boards from CubeIDE for many years...

Maybe you have some template project that includes .ioc file with configured ethernet adapter for NUCLEO STM32F7 series?

Again, I'm very sorry, but it is really frustrating 

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Hi @AKhar.5 While waiting for a satisfying answer, why not to build the example and play with it? (in CubeIDE: use the "import example" menu choice).