For the past two days I have started experimenting with STM32F0 and STM32F1 Nucleo Boards and the STM32CubeIDE, so I am not that experienced yet. Everything went fine but suddenly, I was not able anymore to program my NUCLEO-F103RB board. It throws this error:
Starting server with the following options:
Persistent Mode : Disabled
Logging Level : 1
Listen Port Number : 61234
Status Refresh Delay : 15s
Verbose Mode : Disabled
SWD Debug : Enabled
Target no device found
Error in initializing ST-LINK device.
Reason: No device found on target.
I did nothing special before this error occured. I upgraded the ST-Link firmware in the STM32CubeProgrammer for this NUCLEO board and also confirmed that the two SWD lines of the STM32F1 MCU are connected to the ST-Link Jumpers and that those are closed. Additionally, I also reconfigured the Debug Configuration to ensure the correct ST-LINK is connected.
Programming another (NUCLEO-F072RB) NUCLEO board works without problems.
I had the same problem. I had the Nucleo board on a breadboard at the time. After taking the Nucleo board off the breadboard, debugging it was no problem anymore.
Maybe connecting it to a breadboard is short circuiting some pins.... I'm not entirely sure why it was like that.