Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nothing to build for project STM32446E_EVAL

Komal
Associate II

I have used an example code of CAN loopback using nucleo STM32F446RE 
the location is 
C:\Users\.........Your User Name.....\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.27.1\Projects\STM32446E_EVAL\Examples\CAN\CAN_Loopback

Unable to bulid this project and it is showing Nothing to build for project STM32446E_EVAL.

how can I solve this problem

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @Komal,

You are right, I reproduced the same issue related to Eclipse: "Nothing to build" error.

ImenD_0-1696340272556.png

An internal ticket ID 162938 is submitted to escalate this issue internally to the STM32CubeIDE team for working and fix it.

(PS: ID 162938 is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Thanks for your contribution and for having reported this.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Komal and welcome to the Community 🙂

Which IDE version are you using? Can you please share the steps that you have followed?

Try clean project and then re-open it again.

To use STM32CubeIDE tool, please follow this UM2579: Migration guide from System Workbench to STM32CubeIDE.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

STM32CubeIDE_1.8.0 version

had imported using following steps:
1- Open STM32CubeIDE

2-Click File-->open projects from file system or Archive

3-Import project from the repository "\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.27.1\Projects\STM32446E_EVAL\Examples\CAN\CAN_Loopback\SW4STM32\STM32446E_EVAL"

still it is showing as nothing to build, how can I solve the issue.

Imen.D
ST Employee

I can open the project without issue using latest release of STM32CubeIDE and following these steps:

- Start STM32CubeIDE

-Go to File -> Import

- in "Import" dialog, please select "Import ac6 System Workbench for STM32 Project".

- Then Select the repository from "\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.27.1\Projects\STM32446E_EVAL\Examples\CAN\CAN_Loopback\SW4STM32\STM32446E_EVAL" folder in next dialog.

- Press Finish (The project converter should start with some dialogs appear)

- The project is imported in STM32CubeIDE.

I hope this helps you.

Thanks
Imen

opening/ importing a file is not an issue.

the issue is that particular project is not compiling/building  

The issue is related to how the project was created or imported. If not done correctly, you will get this error. If you go through the Example Selector, or through the steps @Imen.D outlines above, the issue will likely resolve.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @Komal,

You are right, I reproduced the same issue related to Eclipse: "Nothing to build" error.

ImenD_0-1696340272556.png

An internal ticket ID 162938 is submitted to escalate this issue internally to the STM32CubeIDE team for working and fix it.

(PS: ID 162938 is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Thanks for your contribution and for having reported this.

Imen

Thanks
Imen