cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No ST-link detected! Please connect ST-LINK and restart debug session.

Ascias
Associate II

Just started using the STM32F446, installed the STM32CubeIDE and made my first program. The issue arised when I tried to debug, got an error "No ST-link detected! Please connect ST-LINK and restart debug session."

Tried multple solutions online :

replacing libusb-1.0.dll

different softwere Keil uVision5

reinstaling st-link server

all usb ports on my pc

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thing with micro-USB charging cables is that they are prolific and often laying about, we've had an endless number of people trying, and failing with them, because only the power wires are connected, and not the data pair.

Unless you know the provenance of the cable, find one you know for sure is a data cable, preferably one with twisted pair data wires, and shielded.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Ascias
Associate II

Forgot to mention that when I plug it in, the default code for flashing LED2(green) and switching frekvency with button1(user) is running and working as it should.

You have an authentic ST-LINK?

On on a NUCLEO/DISCO board, which contains the chip you're talking about?

Has current firmware?

Seen by ST-LINK Utilities, or STM32 Cube Programmer?

Uses a quality USB Cable, and NOT a charging cable?

Ascias
Associate II

It has it embedded ST-LINK, only thing I can try from this is buying new cable but I am unsure if thats the issue. But thanks for the replay.

Thing with micro-USB charging cables is that they are prolific and often laying about, we've had an endless number of people trying, and failing with them, because only the power wires are connected, and not the data pair.

Unless you know the provenance of the cable, find one you know for sure is a data cable, preferably one with twisted pair data wires, and shielded.

Ascias
Associate II

Bought a new cable and it worked like a charm, I later inspected the interior of a cable I was using before and found out one of the data cables was broken and that was the culprit.