cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

macOS 15.0 Sequoia (beta) - Login to MyST shows endless 'Loading.... Please wait.'

RetepV
Associate II

I don't know if this is the previously mentioned login issues or not, but I will explain.

Last week I received my new Macbook with an M2 MAX cpu. I installed the new macOS 15.0 Sequoia Beta on it, as I'm primarily an iOS developer. Then I installed STM32CubeIDE 1.15.1, because I also do firmware development sometimes, and I want to have the IDE working when I need it.

But when selecting myST ->Login from the menu, all I get is a small window with a spinner and the message 'Loading.... Please wait.". It never goes away.

Sometimes selecting myST->Login does nothing. But generating a project always fails with "Code generation could not be done most probably because the necessary firmware package is missing. etc. etc.".

I have read most or all the posts about login issues. But nothing seems to be helpful.

I have read this: https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus/how-to-set-the-network-connection-parameters-for-stm32cubeide/ta-p/585694, but it does not make any sense to me. I am not running on Windows, and there is no proxy in my network.

How can I see what's going wrong, and how can I fix it?

Thank you!

Screenshot 2024-06-19 at 21.27.12.png

Note1:

On my old Macbook, using an Intel i7 processor and macOS 12.7.5 Monterey, it still works fine, even with STM32CubeIDE 1.15.1.

Note2:

I decided to try to manually download the FW package. I did so, but selecting Help->Manage Embedded Software Packages does nothing at all. So I cannot select the downloaded FW package.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @RetepV 

First let me thank you for posting and apologize about the inconveniency.

In fact as mentioned in the STM32CubeIDE release note (link) section 1.2 Host PC system requirements ,only the macOS® 13 (Ventura), macOS® 14 (Sonoma) are supported. I need also to mention that the macOS 15.0 Sequoiais recently published therefore it will be supported in future releases.

BR,
Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RetepV
Associate II

A small followup.

I tried a few things more, and found that if I click the STM32CubeMX link from the Information Center, I get a popup telling me 'This version of MacVim does not support "www.st.com" in its URL scheme'.

I do have MacVim installed. And I checked its URL Scheme in the registry. But it only registered the 'mvim:' url scheme, nothing else. I don't understand why STM32CubeIDE would use the 'mvim:' url scheme. It's probably coincidence that it used the MacVim URL Scheme, and it could probably have been any. But it surely must be a clue.

Screenshot 2024-06-20 at 12.35.57.png

Note:

Checking the URL Scheme registry on macOS is not directly obvious, as it uses a 'hidden' tool. This is how you can list al the registered URL schemes from the zsh command line:

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/Support/lsregister -dump URLSchemeBinding

Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @RetepV 

First let me thank you for posting and apologize about the inconveniency.

In fact as mentioned in the STM32CubeIDE release note (link) section 1.2 Host PC system requirements ,only the macOS® 13 (Ventura), macOS® 14 (Sonoma) are supported. I need also to mention that the macOS 15.0 Sequoiais recently published therefore it will be supported in future releases.

BR,
Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi Semer,

Thank you for the reply

I was hoping that you might already have had some workaround. But I will be patient until the release. 😉

Cheers,

Peter