Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost link/path to gcc after uninstall of IDE and reinstall

dachungmao
Associate II

When I run my program I get an error:

##########

16:23:19 **** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project LoRaWAN_End_Node ****

make all

'Building file: ../Utilities/trace/adv_trace/stm32_adv_trace.c'

'Invoking: Cross GCC Compiler'

gcc -O0 -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -MMD -MP -MF"Utilities/trace/adv_trace/stm32_adv_trace.d" -MT"Utilities/trace/adv_trace/stm32_adv_trace.o" -o "Utilities/trace/adv_trace/stm32_adv_trace.o" "../Utilities/trace/adv_trace/stm32_adv_trace.c"

Der Befehl "gcc" ist entweder falsch geschrieben oder

konnte nicht gefunden werden.

make: *** [Utilities/trace/adv_trace/stm32_adv_trace.o] Error 1

"make all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

16:23:21 Build Failed. 1 errors, 0 warnings. (took 1s.809ms)

##########

So my gcc cannot be found anymore. Before the deinstall it worked to run the program without any error.

Where do I have to check if the gcc is right connected. The toolchain manager says gcc would be installed by STM by default.

Can anybody suggest or help?

dachungmao

7 REPLIES 7
Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @dachungmao​ 

I propose that you check if the gcc exist under the installation folder of CubeIDE.

This is the path where I could find the tool in my PC:

C:\ST\STM32CubeIDE_1.10.1\STM32CubeIDE\plugins\com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.gnu-tools-for-stm32.10.3-2021.10.win32_1.0.0.202111181127\tools\bin

Also if the files exist under that repository try to lunch the GCC via cmd lines.

I suspect that maybe your antivirus system either have deleted the gcc files or have put them in the quarantine.

Kind regards,

Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi Semer,

thx a lot for your helpful hints concerning the right installation path. I will check.

Because of this GCC-not-found-ERROR I myself installed the GCC-toolchain 10.3.1 manually in the default dir c:\SysGCC and was hoping to be able to redirect under IDE by path-to-dirGCC setup somewhere in eclipse/IDE. But I couldn't find this in the IDE.

Also the gcc.exe in SysGCC has a prefix in the name: arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe an therefore couldn't be found by calling gcc [options], when the compiler is invoked.

May be you know the window in IDE to setup the path to the compiler.

I'LL BE BACK after check up of your hints.

Rgds.

dachungmao

Checked: same path as yours with content of gcc, cpp, c++ etc. on my PC.

So on my PC I have an extra and useless installation of the toolchain in SysGCC.

In my PATH variable your mentioned path is listed, too.

I did search for all ocurrences of gcc, if there would be an exe, com, bat. But no!

I can call arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe [...] from command line, but why is it invoked as gcc[.exe] by IDE? Obviously my STM32CubeIDE-Installation is complete. But with starting MAKE something goes wrong. Now I could analyze the make file, but I am not an expert! So I need help from a guru of ECLIPSE and STM-Tools.

Rgds.

dachungmao

I have also tried the whole thing with virus program disabled! No better result!

After having added the whole project with ALL examples beside LoRaWAN End Node the compiler can be run, when I start the subproject lorawan-end-node. The debugger also can start without ERROR. So far so good. But now - after all this good - the ERROR is reported: ".project file not found. "

Project? What project? The main .project file in the example collection does exist! Is there another .project file for the subproject lorawan-end-node missing?

> I can call arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe [...] from command line, but why is it invoked as gcc[.exe] by IDE?

Some toolchains have two sets of executables: one named "arm-none-eabi-thing.exe", another without the prefix in filename: arm-none-eabi/bin/thing.exe.

For CubeIDE you need to add to the PATH the latter.

Thank you, Pavel!

Concerning CubeIDE I am learning a lot!

Yesterday I was viewing a video on YouTube showing how to setup a project using CubeMX. ​ All necessary installations and path configurations are shown and explained including gcc toolchain.

It gives the idea that the a lot of things have to be configured if you want to program with STM32 SoCs.

Rgds. dachungmao