cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard keys stop working at random STM32CubeIDE Linux

Dabbo
Associate III

I use STM32CubeIDE on Linux Ubuntu (and to a lesser extent on MacOS and Windows, but I don't recall having a problem on the last 2 operating systems). About once or twice a day, at random, several of the keys such as <backspace> and <enter> and <delete> stop working. All the alphabetical and number keys work as normal. If I switch to a different application all the keys are working, but when I switch back to Cube the problem continues.

I solve the problem by saving my work, shutting and relaunching Cube. Is this a bug in the application?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

The issue is reported internally to our team (Internal ticket number : 174448) and this will be fixed as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Mahmoud.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
jg_source
Associate

I've noticed this on Ubuntu also.  It seems to occur for me after generating code from the CubeMX view.  Restarting STM32CubeIDE resolves the issue, but it is quite annoying.

exactly me too.
I met very often while configuration tunings.

select lines and "Edit-Copy" then "Edit-Paste" by mouse operation,
after doing this likely solved for my cases.

it is still bother but easier than restart IDE for me.

Hello,

First let me thank you for posting.

Can you provide please the STM32CubeIDE and Ubuntu versions.

Thanks.

Mahmoud.

hello,

Can you provide please the STM32CubeIDE and Ubuntu versions.

STM32CubeIDE version: 1.13.2

Ubuntu 22.04.3 , and also Japanese Language implemented.

I wonder if it may cause or not, though we don't use 2-byte-letter within source code files nor other files in workspace of STM32 project.

in addition, I rarely turn on the IME to Japanese mode with Ubuntu.
(but yes, sure that is there!)

thank you.

I'm using Ubuntu 22.04 and STM32CubeIDE 1.14.1.

Thanks.

Hello,

The issue is reported internally to our team (Internal ticket number : 174448) and this will be fixed as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Mahmoud.

Just in case, the same problem exists on STM32CubeIDE v.1.14.1, Ubuntu 23.10

hello,

some additional infos, that I reproduce this issue yesterday.

open *.ioc file then close it and back to the editor view, then control keys wouldn't work. (not edit *.ioc)
-cursor, Ctrl, BackSpace, Del, Enter, or so..

if it's not every time I'm not sure, control keys wouldn't work but only alphabetical keys are work.
-not sure but can be reproduced yesterday.
I guess this sometimes causes build error (or, only mess in the comments), for unexpected strings had put at unexpected location of the source code as say "contaminate" if I may not careful in this situation, and it's the worst.

hope this may help.

BR

iotengtr
Associate

I have the same problem. My solution is to open the Preferences menu (maybe any other popup window works) and close it by "Apply and Close". I don't do any changes on the Preferences.