cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue: No source available for Bootloader

mids400
Associate III

Hello,

My project was working fine, but suddenly I cannot debug or run it with the original bootloader anymore. The project is created and generated by TouchGFX Designer.

This is the error message I get when I try to debug/run the project.

mids400_0-1723200878741.png

I am sure that the bootloader bin file is already there in the correct path and the corresponding path is also already correct in the linker script.

If I remove the bootloader part from the linker script and flash my customized bootloader from CubeProgrammer then I could run the application but as I said I need to debug the project.

Anyone have such problem before or know how to solve it?

BR,

4 REPLIES 4
mids400
Associate III

Up....

Rim LANDOLSI
ST Employee

Hello @mids400 ,

The error message in the screenshot indicates that the debugger is trying to access a memory location for which it does not have the corresponding source code.

Could you ensure that the memory regions for the bootloader and the main application are correctly
defined in the linker scripts. The bootloader is at the beginning of the flash memory, while the main application is placed at a different address.

Also in the debug configuration, ensure that the debug configuration is set up to load the correct symbols and source files for both the bootloader and the main application.

Otherwise, it would be more helpful to share the project.

Thanks,
Rim.

Hi,

The project is completly generated using the TouchGFX and i had never this issue before. I have not changed anything in the linker script.

I've created another project with TouchGFX and i got the same issue.

I tried to install another version of STMCubeIDE but no result also.

Br,

Hello @mids400,

What version of TouchGFX are you using? And are you using the available TouchGFX Board Setup (TBS) for STM32H750B-DK?

TBS for STM32H750B-DKTBS for STM32H750B-DK

Is it possible for you to share any sample projects demonstrating this issue? 

Mohammad MORADI
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX