cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any plans to update STM32-Education_step1~4.pdf to use the STM32CubeIDE instead of TrueSTUDIO?

KevinA
Senior

I just tried to configure a STM32L021F4U and died, seems I can't initialize the devices with HAL without running out of memory. Looking at CubeMX for how to switch to LL from HAL is not apparent, down loaded 60mb of PDF files looking for the answer.

3 REPLIES 3
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @KevinA​ 

I recommend you to have a look to this UM2578: Migration guide from TrueSTUDIO® to STM32CubeIDE, explaining how to import projects from TrueSTUDIO® to STM32CubeIDE.

Best Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
KevinA
Senior

The upgrade I spoke of was to the education PDF files, I don't have TrueSTUDIO, I'm trying to find out how to use the Low Level (ll) code instead of Hal.

KevinA
Senior

I FOUND IT!

MX /Project Manager/ Advanced Settings

The trick here is the Advanced Settings on the left, it may not look like a button, it doesn't do Mouse Over effects, there is NO pop-up help that explains what it can do and in NO UMxxxx PDF does it say CLICK the string Advanced Setting to access project settings (to someone that has been there it is obvious). Now that I found this gem I can see that "Project" is a lighter color when you select Project Manager tab but I never thought (clue) that by selecting an area would change the view.