cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to save one log file from CUBE IDE TERMINAL?

JSILV.2
Senior

3 REPLIES 3
Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @JSILV.2​ 

First let me thank you for posting.

Could you please explain what you mean by CUBE IDE TERMINAL.

From my side I could think of the console.

For the build console you can export it to a log file.

1. Go to the project properties.
  2. C/C++ Build --> Logging and enable the build logging also the path where to save the log.

0693W00000UnnviQAB.png 

But if it is about another console (for serial communication for instance) you could only do a copy/paste to the file you want.

Kind regards,

Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

JSILV.2
Senior

Dear CHERNI

Thanks for your answer that, although was not my question, is was didatic for me.

I am refering to the Serial TERMINAL which is possible to install into CUBE IDE from ECLIPSE. I would issue "printf" of a variable and collect all this into a file.

Anyway, if you know some way to send the variable value directly to a file, with or instead the serial port, or any port, please, leave here your hint.

As you might suppose, this would be good for post-analysis. Is it possible?

I am considering copy & paste as you pointed-out. I am using Hercules for it successfully.

Best regards.

mattias norlander
ST Employee

You can also use ITM Console and the SWO pin to print messages. Intended to be used with debug only. The ITM console allow you to export log-files. But as I said, only assuming that CubeIDE+ST-LINK is connected...

Kind regards, Mattias