cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to debug two boards simultaneously in one STMCubeIDE 1.51 session?

SSnee.1
Associate

I am running the STMCubeIDE 1.5.1 and would like to debug two boards simultaneously. One is a NUCLEO-H723ZG and the other is a NUCLEO-F303RT.  The applications for each are designed to communicate with each other through the SPI ports on each. So I would like to debug the communication protocol between the two boards.

I can detect the unique serial numbers of each board under Debug Configurations > Debugger > ST-LINK S/N pull down menu after pressing the SCAN button. For the first debug session, I have checked Autostart local GDB server, but for the second I have checked Connect to remote GDB server instead because restarting the server upon launching the second session results an a GDB server error. What is the correct configuration for each debug session, provided that this is even possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KnarfB
Principal III

You can open two instances of STMCubeIDE, one for each board and use the serial numbers of either ST-LINK.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KnarfB
Principal III

You can open two instances of STMCubeIDE, one for each board and use the serial numbers of either ST-LINK.

Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

Or rely on same IDE session but enjoy STlink server feature (openOCD and GDB server compliant):

0693W000008yHGJQA2.jpg0693W000008yHIYQA2.jpgJust "assign" each debug configuration to targetted board.

Connected device limit is USB port enumeration limit.