cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IOC tab not rendering in Ubuntu

falconLucas
Associate II

I have a freshly installed stm32cubeide 1.13.2 on my ubuntu 22.04 machine and I've created a new workspace with a new project. In the beginning, everything works fine. But after generating code, closing the ioc file tab, closing the IDE and reopening the IDE with the same workspace and attempting to open the IOC file, it opens a blank tab failing to render the IOC file. If I close the tab and reopening it, the IDE hangs sometimes, or fails like before. It also seems to be using a whole lot of cpu resources. Reinstalling the IDE did not solve the problem.

13 REPLIES 13

It didn't in my case

falconLucas
Associate II

I tried reinstalling the the IDE as well, as mentioned. But the problem clearly is not with the IDE, but with the related CubeMX software. So I'd call that the same symptoms as I had

lonejack
Associate III

Hi, I use CUBEMX on ubuntu 22.04 pretty much every day. I understand the problems encountered and at the beginning I also felt a certain amount of frustration. After several attempts I understood that there is certainly some problem but it could be mitigated. My development method was therefore to version the IOC file and proceed step by step.
When a blocking problem occurred I restored the previous version and started again. I've been working this way for almost a year now and I have to say it's working well.
Also keep in mind that the IO file can be opened with a file editor and is easy to understand.
Hope this is helpful.

My current work around is just to open the code and project in IDE but just the IOC file in CubeMX and it consistently works, albeit slowing down my workflow a bit.